Friday, January 2, 2009

It's a New Year????

January 2nd, 2009.

Wow, it is amazing to me how fast the year 2000 came and went, now it it 2009. Someone once referenced to me that "life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer to get to the end the faster it goes". Seems to be holding true.

What is really nice about aging is that I get more and more comfortable with me. I tend to look at aging as a blessing and a learning opportunity. I am getting better with age. I have not always thought that way though. In my twenties, (now in my forties) I wanted to stay young and youthful. Now I embrace my age while still staying youthful. I believe that I have to keep a young attitude towards keeping a young mind and physical body. Eat right, exercise, have fun playing, do the things that bring me the most joy. I love and charish the time to play with my kids. It is so much fun to act like a kid again and not have to think I am too grown up to do that. It is even better when Jenny gets in on the fun too. Memories we all will carry with us for a long time.

That brings me to 2009. How many people right now are thinking..."today I start my (fill in the blank) program or whatever. It will last about a month or so, then life will get in the way and they will revert back to their old programing. Don't think I am any better, I fall prey to this from time to time. Our habits and our old programming are what control us and until we take the time/discipline to let a lifestyle change take over, we will most likely revert back to our old programming.

The time required to make changes permanent are staggering. Take exercise for example. If your new thing for this year is to get in shape and you want to exercise more, then it will take about 6 months of continuous exercise before your body will be craving exercise and you will not be able to live without it. Think about that for a minute...6 months...doing it everyday whether you want to or not. Most people last about a month and then hit it sporadically and use the excuses to justify why they don't do it. Eat the apple, do the exercise, eat the living foods, live your best life. You have the time, we all do...what is your priority or intention?

I too have my intentions for 2009. I intend to improve myself everyday. I intend to make a difference in the lives of others. I intend to live my BEST LIFE.

"Earn as much as you can; Give as much as you can; Share as much as you can; Learn as much as you can; Get involved as much as you can; Experience as much as you can; Don't miss anything." Jim Rohn

Jim has taught me so much over the years. It's "ok" to go for it. What ever "IT" is. Do it for the right reason and the rest will work itself out. Your only limits are the ones you hold within yourself.

If you have not read or watched "The Ultimate Gift", please do so now. It should be a required read for everyone. We all have the Gift to serve others.

In 2009 I challenge you to have an ABUNDANCE ATTITUDE! Live abundantly, not in scarcity or ignorantly. Make positive changes in your daily habits to improve yourself. Don't let the excuses take over. You do have time if it is a priority. Imagine what you would do everyday if you absolutely knew what it would do for you in 20-30-40 years. Start today!

To your Abundance!

Steve Aune

No comments:

Post a Comment